Dear Colleagues,
Following our meeting and symposium held in Vancouver on the creation of an IUHPE Student and early career Professional Network, I was reflecting on how we could share our initiative, our views on why it is important to promote the inclusion of early career professionals and students in the field of health promotion etc.
As some of you may know, I am currently the managing editor of RHPEO. RHP&EO is the electronic journal of the International Union for Health promotion and Education ( IUHPE) (http://www.rhpeo.org/). The editor in chief and I have almost finished our mandate with the review. We will be working until the new editorial team takes the lead, most likely in September. The content and the format of the review will then most likely change ( and I believe we should make sure to follow up on this matter).
At the present time, we have two series in which all members of IUHPE can submit a paper and are interesting mediums, I believe, to expose our perspectives and experiences:
1. Ottawa 1986-Vancouver 2007: should the Ottawa charter be revisited?
2. Renewal of the leadership in Health Promotion
Therefore, I would strongly encourage you to submit a paper especially in the serie on leadership before august 15th 2007. You will find the guidelines to submit a paper at the following link: http://www.rhpeo.org/reviews/openguidelines.htm
Here is the initial paper in the serie on leadership inviting IUHPE members to participate to the debate:
Michel O'Neill and Sophie Dupéré: http://www.rhpeo.org/reviews/2005/10/index.htm
Here are some papers submitted by early career professional and students in the open series
Sonia Johnson : http://www.rhpeo.org/reviews/2006/4/index.htm
Hope Corbin : http://www.rhpeo.org/reviews/2005/32/index.htm
Anne Anderman : http://www.rhpeo.org/reviews/2007/29/index.htm
If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me Looking forward to reading you
Best regards,
Sophie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is a great idea, Sophie, and I'll see what I can do. Have just had my summer vacation, so I didn't see your post until today.
Post a Comment