Hi all, My name is Mylène and I'm from Montreal, Canada. I'm doing a PhD in Public Health, option Health promotion at the University of Montreal. My background training is in Geography. My research focuses on area effects on health, that is how where we live influence our health status, using theories and methods of geography to investigate the social determinants of population health, both in urban and rural areas. I’m the coordinator of a weekly seminar for PhD students in our health promotion program. This dynamic seminar allows for in-depth discussion of students ongoing work and of issues in health promotion. For the IUHPE conference in Vancouver, I am responsible, with colleagues from the University of Montreal, of organizing a kiosk for students in health promotion. Although the definite objectives of the kiosk have yet to be established formally, it will likely be a platform for promoting our research, where we will be able to network with other students, and meet with distinguished scholars in health promotion. I will keep you all posted on the kiosk as the planning unfolds.
Best wishes, Mylène (female)
Thursday, August 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment