At the time the working group was being formed, I offered to assist/coordinate the development of a website for the working group.Now that we have our blog to faciliate communication, I think it is time to progress with our webpage.As we are in the early stages of developing the working group, I envisage the webpage including information on the working group (i.e, mission, goals, objectives) and names of working group members. Then, when we become more organised we can include a list of the key activities of the working group, information for young professionals and students attending the Vancouver Conference and maybe even a mechanism to enable young professionals and students to contact the working group.My initial plan is to contact the office of the IUHPE to see if we can have information about the young professionals and students working group included on the IUHPE website.It would be great to aim to have a webpage ready by late January to mid February.What are your thoughts and ideas? Please share them. I will not progress with any development of the webpage until I have read comments from members of the working group.
Regards, Lauren
January 6, 2007 5:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Great initiative!
I think your ideas for the webpage are great.
Some questions/thoughts:
-Do you think this should be a website within the IUHPE site, or just linking from it? I mean at the current stage - later I think we should be strongly connected to the official page.
-Should we post the draft for the missions/goals etc, or should we discuss and possibly revise them first?
-If the webpage was up and running, we might spread the news of it quite efficiently through the Vancouver attendents.
-I believe we really need interactivity to reach our goals. My vision is for an interactive site. I recommend the articles on ICT in last issue of the IUHPE journal.
-I envisage a final website under the IUHPE umbrella that connects all regions and lets us work as one unit. But we could benefit from also having subsections for the different regions, bringing information on more local projects and challenges.
I'd be happy to be one of several working with a webpage.
This was just some first thoughts - what do others think?
I agree with the webpage initiative! To make a suggestion of the website being within the IUHPE website or just linked, I say a link to it - at least for the time being. Martha Perry is in charge of the website at the headquarters, and I think creating a link for her to add to the website will make her life 1000 times easier. This will also allow us to be more flexible with our page without having to worry about asking Martha to update it or trying to get authorization for access. Plus, we can use our own webmaster, etc. instead of going through IUHPE's.
Yes, I believe it would be very practical for us (and Martha) to webmaster the page ourselves. I also believe it would be nice to have some time before we go public with the page - to be able to run discussions, develop things etc.
Post a Comment